All Varndean School students are expected to be in school uniform at all times during the school day.
The uniform consists of:
- Varndean School tie in the colour of the school base
- Varndean School blazer
- White shirt, tucked in and top button done up (polo shirt is not correct uniform)
- Varndean Jumper (optional)
- Black school trousers, black chinos or Varndean School skirt (no leggings or jeans)
- Plain black shoes or plain black trainers
- Dress for religious affiliation: Varndean tunic, Varndean Blazer, black trousers and black or white hijab or headscarf.
- Blue Varndean PE Polo Shirt – Compulsory
- Blue and White Varndean PE Shorts – Compulsory
- Blue Varndean PE Socks – Compulsory
- Blue Varndean PE Nike long sleeve training zipped jacket – (Ideal for the colder weather conditions. Hooded tops are not permitted as an alternative) or blue Varndean PE long sleeve reversible top
- Football boots – essential for football and rugby
- Trainers – suitable for all other sports that do not require studded boots
- Gumshields – recommended for rugby and hockey
- Water bottle
Scarves, belts and other accessories are not part of the school uniform and should not be worn in school.
Students are permitted to wear a watch and one pair of small stud earrings (gold or silver) or one pair of small hoop earrings (no larger than a 5p piece). Body piercing is not allowed; however one piece of discreet facial jewellery is allowed for religious reasons.
We do not wish to discourage individuality around hairstyles, but extreme styles, bleaches or dyes that are in blatant contrast to natural hair colours are not acceptable or considered part of the school uniform. Likewise, shaved insignia in hairstyles is not allowed at Varndean School.
If students wish to wear make up to school it must be discreet.
Hooded tops (or similar) are not allowed in school and are not part of Varndean’s school uniform. If students wear them to school they should be removed before entering the building, otherwise they will be confiscated.
Where to Purchase Uniform
After tendering Varndean’s school uniform service on a best value for money basis, in accordance with EU regulations and in association with Brighton & Hove Council, the school is pleased to announce that the school’s uniform service is managed directly by Khalsa Schoolwear Ltd.
Parents are able to order online and the uniform items will be delivered directly to your door.
Alternatively they can be contacted on 020 7729 3286.
Upcoming Uniform Sales
Khalsa will also be selling uniform at school on selected days throughout the year. The next dates are:
Saturday 8th July, 2-6pm
Saturday 12th August, 12-4pm
Nearly New Uniform
If you have unwanted school uniform that you’re not sure what to do with, please donate it to your child’s school base! We are especially looking for Year 11 leavers items and blazers of any size, but all items of uniform will be gratefully received and will benefit other students.